Sunday, May 1, 2011

Journal 12


I watched three videos from http://www.hillmancurtis.com/index.php?/film/view/artist_series/.
Paula Scher made many points about process and how she works by instinct. I know that I always struggle with process and tend to make a lot of last minute decisions, this has gotten me in trouble and I know it is my biggest problem. I have been trying to fix it, but it is hard to break a habit.

David Carson spoke about designing through self indulgence. I tend to never like things that I design. I think it is a mix of always seeing the mistakes and just wanting to keep working on something and also the fact that I don't have as much process as I should.
The last designer I watched was Milton Glaser, who talked about loving what you do with your life. I really enjoy everything there is about Graphic Design and I love learning more and more each class. I think as cheesy as this sounds, I enjoy doing our homework, yes I know I don't like the time it takes or the money it costs, but I can never see myself having a "normal person" major. I really enjoy creating things, learning more and more after each project and being in an environment where every knows everyone and there are always people there to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment