Sunday, May 1, 2011

Journal 8


"Type Means Never Having To Say Your Sorry"
After reading this article, I was really interested with the content. The author talks about how people overuse Futura. I actually could not agree with this because I think I have only used Futura once or twice on a project. But after reading this I kind of explored a little and started using it a little bit, haha I know I went to wrong way on this.

Michael Bierut also comments on similar issues in his "Designing Under The Influence." He discusses the possible influence that prominent designers have on the work of others, and also questions what can be considered "influenced by" or just plain copying.

I think Univers can be used in exchange for Futura seeing as it is also a sans serif font... and I just love Univers

No comments:

Post a Comment